Studio Sequel Models
- The Sequels
I was really excited to start work on my sequel to my first game I created at university called “the sequals”. I had been working on the project for a few years and finally released my first title in December 2015. The sequels were initially just going to have a little bit different style graphics and gameplay than the original, but then I decided to make them feel more like a sequel rather than a remake.
- Graphics & Gameplay
The games engine has changed quite a bit since the first game, mostly due to improvements in Unity. In addition, I’ve added some new features like animated sprites, particle effects, and much more.
- New Features
- Animated Sprites – Every object in the game now has its own unique sprite and animation
- Particle Effects – All objects emit a variety of particles depending on their type
- Health Bar – The health bar fills up over time while moving around
- Level Select Screen – The level select screen now remembers what the last selected level was.
- More Levels – There are 8 levels in total, each with 5 levels. Each level has 2 endings.
- Boss Fight – To beat a boss, you need to destroy his shield. Once you do, he’ll drop a piece of his armor which you can use. You get points based on how much damage you did, and if you’re lucky enough to destroy the whole thing, you win!
- Score System – If you manage to complete all of the levels, you unlock a high score system where you can check out your best times and compare yourself to others.
- Replay Feature – When you replay a stage, you can watch replays of previous attempts, view stats about your performance, and even compare your past scores.
- My Website